Sunday, February 13, 2011

Zoya Gemma


Isn't she pretty? Zoya Gemma is from Zoya's spring Intimate Collection. The formula is great, applies like a dream, and opaque in 2-3 coats. She is a dusty olive green creme, a very unique color. The blue duochrome shimmer makes it even more unique and fabulous. Unfortunately, as you might have heard, this is much more visible in the bottle than on the nail. I'm not even sure one could notice it on the nail if she/he wasn't looking for it.

Here is a picture of Gemma in the bottle. It's really amazing, it just doesn't transfer to the nail as well. If you look, many of the pictures I'm posting of Gemma do have a hint of the blue shimmer, and that was all I could get out of it. That being said, I still am absolutely in love. Gemma is such a unique, gorgeous, feminine green. I think green can be difficult to do and is less common for women to like as a polish color, but this green...Mwah!





This final picture is out in natural light. Even outside there isn't much of a difference, but as I said, still gorgeous! I was annoyed that my cute little blue gemstones turned into blue blobbles with my top coat lol.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! My stones turn into blobs too... I wish I knew how to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Now Gemma must go on my ever-growing wishlist. Soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this polish!

    Amber the only thing I can think of is you could stick them on with clear coat or nail glue after your top coat, then just don't put a topcoat over them. I don't know if they would stay, but I have never lost one while putting a topcoat over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it unique and gorgeous? I don't even care about the blue duochrome, it's pretty enough without it.

    Amber the only thing I can think of is apply the rhinestones after the top coat then don't top coat over it. I wonder if they'd stay...

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!