Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Year In the Life of Megan

Happy New Year ladies! I wanted to review the last year with you in my life and in my blog. Most of the pictures have more to the story, so click the links for more info.

I volunteered a homeless shelter doing nails, and I'm doing it again this January!
My best friend Marian passed away. Her parents bought a piece of land with a waterfall Marian and I used to play on. It's now officially named Marian Falls. How amazing. (LtoR: Marian's mom and my mom, Marian Falls, her most beautiful gravestone, Jeremy and Me at the falls)

I spent a year working with Ginny. She loves having her nails done. 
Jeremy went on deployment for 186 days...but we survived and became stronger!

 Then he came home and proposed to me :D. We're getting married in June 2012.
You get two pics cause we're cute :P. And thank you to Jen for editing these pics for me.
I did a practicum (and survived another year of college) at an elderly home and they loved having their nails done. I organized a polish donation and the ladies ended up getting loads of polish, treatments, manicure tools, and all sorts of things!
For a little taste of each season we have:
Spring - Zoya Gemma

Summer - My awesome splatter pedi

 Winter - Freehand snowflakes on Zoya Kennedy

I made a blog Facebook page and finally joined Twitter. I blogged 206 posts, got 52,349 page views, and my blog has been around for 352 days. I have 544 followers on my blog and 731 on Facebook. 
So much in a year...I'm so thankful for each and every one of you ladies. Thank you so much for sticking with me and I can't wait to see what the new year brings!
Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Aw I didn't realize you got engaged this year =) I hope 2012 is amazing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this made me tear up! Sorry about your friend. Congrats on you engagement!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies :D. I wanted to include the full spectrum. It's reality afterall. I appreciate your comments and well wishes! And I'm VERY excited about June :D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you volunteer by painting nails! It's something that has never crossed my mind. And congrats on your engagement! You two look beautiful together. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!