Monday, October 22, 2012

China Glaze Surfin for Boys, Amped Up!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. 1 in 8 U.S. women will develop invasive breast cancer in her lifetime, and even men can get this cancer. To the survivors, the people struggling with it today, and the people whose lives have been touched by it, this is for you. Read my first post for more about how cancer has effected my life.
Here is a fun neon pink for you!

This is two coats of China Glaze Surfin for Boys. I usually don't like neons, but I love this collection because it adds something different - shimmer! Honestly I don't think it looked so much like this color on my hands, but my eyes must be messed up because everyone else said it looked neon/pink coral.


It looked more like this to me most of the time - a lot more neon orange.

 Here are some sunlight pics....


 See how you can't even focus on the color, nor can my camera?! That's a neon :P.


I had to spice it up a bit and wanted to make it more pink. I added a couple coats of Zoya Soho Punch, Revlon Dawn, and some holo topcoat from Copious.

The holo topcoat isn't super linear and wow after 2-3 coats, but it's definitely gorgeous. This seller actually sent me another bottle to see if it was stronger, and I can't wait to try it! That's good customer service :).

 It even looked awesome with the shade - the microflakies showing through the holo pigment.


I was making some polish jewelry so I had my black light on. Everything looks cooler under a black light!


Feel free to join in the fun this month as we post a mani in support of breast cancer every Monday in October. Don't forget to tag your posts on Twitter/Instagram with #PolishUsPink!

2 comments:

I love and appreciate your comments, and always read every one!